Sunday, December 5, 2010

John Deere Birthday Cakes

PANDORO 2010

Dear Friends, Welcome back! Aside the mishaps with the computer and the modem, I'm back among you with the recipe of the delicious, soft and fragrant pandoro Simili sisters , Which surely many of you know. My first pandoro, how exciting! The work is a bit long, you have to keep up a full day, but the goodness of pandoro amply repays the time devoted to it. I noticed that the recipe of men and almost identical to that found on the "Manual of Decoration Pastry, vol. 2" Quad. The two recipes, in some places, they differ in the doses of 10-20 grams, the rest are the same, both valid, but in the end I opted for the recipe Simili. As for flavorings, instead, I remade the recipe of the manual, also adding vanilla grated rind of one orange and lemon.

L'anno scorso, proprio in questi giorni, pubblicavo la ricetta del mio primo panettone fatto in casa con la macchina del pane che mi ero regalata per Natale 2009. Mentre quest'anno, per il pandoro, mi sono avvalsa dell'aiuto dell'impastatore che mi sono regalata per questo Natale, un Clatronic KM 3323
che non ha nulla da invidiare al più famoso e costoso Kenwood. La settimana scorsa sono andata in un centro commerciale e mi son ritrovata davanti, uno accanto all'altro, il Kenwood e il Clatronic, belli entrambi, solo che il Kenwood costava 5 volte di più! Per cui non ci ho pensato più di tanto e sono uscita con il mio bell'acquisto sottobraccio. Ora passiamo the recipe. I remind you that in brackets are my specifications.



pandoro Ingredients for a total of 1 kg:

manitoba
450 grams of flour 135 g sugar 170 g butter


4 eggs 18 grams of fresh yeast water

1 teaspoon salt 1 vanilla bean

grated rind of one orange and ½ lemon (added by me)
butter and powdered sugar (I flour) to grease the mold
vanilla icing sugar for dusting

The lievitino:

15 g fresh yeast 60 grams of warm water

50 grams of flour manitoba
10 g sugar 1 egg


Mix all ingredients and leave to rise for 1 hour or until doubled.


First dough: 200 gr


manitoba flour 3 g fresh yeast 25 g sugar


30 g butter 2 tablespoons water 1 egg


lievitino Add to the yeast yeast dissolved in warm water, sugar, flour and egg. Spend the dough on a work surface to complete the process. As soon as it is well blended, add the butter at room temperature. Knead again until the dough is smooth and homogeneous (I've done all these steps with the dough). Put it back in the bowl, cover and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled (I have put in the oven heated to 50 ° C and then turned off, leaving the small light on).

According dough: 200 gr


manitoba flour 100g sugar 2 eggs


salt 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 (or 2 packets of vanilla)

Add ingredients to first mixture and processed well until it is well mixed, even beating him on a work surface (I have done all these steps with the dough). Butter the bowl and put the dough to rise covered for 1 ½ hours or until doubled (I have put in an oven heated to 50 ° C and then turned off leaving The small light on). Once you transfer it has risen in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes (I 1 hour). To browse

:

140 g butter softened

After this time, pick the dough and lay it on the pastry to form a square (about 30 cm.). Place the center of the square soft butter into small pieces. Fold the four corners to the center by joining together in order to cover all of the butter. Roll out to form a rectangle (50x30 cm.) To be folded three .


Put in fridge to rest for about 20 minutes. Repeat this three times e tra un giro e l'altro fate riposare l'impasto 20 minuti in frigo.


Riprendete l'impasto con le mani unte di burro e formate una palla. Ponete la palla con il lato liscio verso lo stampo da pandoro precedentemente imburrato e spolverato di zucchero a velo (io l'ho infarinato) e lasciate lievitare in un luogo tiepido fino a che la pasta non arriva ai bordi dello stampo (io l'ho messo nel forno riscaldato a 50°C e poi spento lasciando la lucina accesa, per circa 5 ore).


Secondo le indicazioni delle sorelle Simili il pandoro va infornato a 170°C per 15 minuti per poi abbassare la temperatura 160 ° C and cook for another 10 minutes (I did bake at 140 ° C constant in a convection oven for 45 minutes, and then I left another 10 minutes in oven off.


After the first 15 minutes of baking I covered with foil for the pandoro not crunchy). I suggest you adjust to your oven. That is still the toothpick test.


When it is cooked and baked let it cool completely before throw in his mold. Once cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar icing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment